Hiroshima

 Hello, everyone.

 I’m Amiri Shibata. I live in Hiroshima City now. But until I was about three years old, I lived in Hatsukaichi City near Miyajima. The place where I lived was the distance that Itsukushima Shine can be seen from the balcony. I saw Miyajima Fireworks from the balcony every year. It was mysterious and very beautiful.


 In Hiroshima, there are many tourist sites. For example, Peace Memorial Parks, Miyajima and Matsuda Stadium etc. In this blog I’ll write about Miyajima.

 First, I’ll write about Miyajima’s food.

 Momiji manju, oysters, and conger eel rice called anagomeshi in Japanese are famous foods that can be eaten in Miyajima.

 Momiji Manju is a sweet in the shape of autumn leaves and is also a famous confectionery in Hiroshima. The taste is generally red bean paste, but there are also flavors such as bean paste, custard, chocolate, cheese, matcha, chestnut, potato, and fruit. I like peach is the best flavor.

 About 70% of oysters are produced in the Seto Inland Sea of Hiroshima. At Miyajima, you can eat delicious oysters produced in Hiroshima. The stores in Miyajima offers a lot of oysters, and you can eat fresh oysters. There are various ways to eat oysters, such as vinegar oysters, grilled oysters, and oyster fry. There is also a way to eat it as a topping for okonomiyaki, which is famous in Hiroshima.

 In this way, Miyajima is a place where you can taste Hiroshima's specialties.

 Second, Ill write about tourist attractions in Miyajima.

 Itsukushima Shrine, which many people know, is a World Heritage Site and is a very famous tourist destination. When the tide is low, you can go right under the torii and take a picture. The torii which the setting sun overlaps is especially beautiful.


 Also, the view from Miyajima Ropeway is very beautiful. Anyone can ride the ropeway, so children and adults can enjoy it.

 In this way, Miyajima is a place where you can make a lot of fun and memories. If you are visiting Hiroshima for the first time this year, this is a must-visit place. Why don't you go to Miyajima after the corona pandemic?

 Thank you for reading!

コメント

  1. Hi, Amiri! I've been to Miyajima once. I really surprised because there were a lot of deer! I ate anagomeshi and visit Miyajima Aquarium. It's a pity that I couldn't see the torii gate of Itsukushima Shrine well because it was under construction. I want to visit there again!

    返信削除
  2. Hi... This is a nice start to your blog.

    Nice pictures!

    Yes, aquariums are great.

    Try to write A LOT in your blog this year about things that you like! If you do, your English writing skills will improve!

    Sincerely, Joe Lauer

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Oden

Podcast "What's Saijo Famous for?"